Snow, brunch, grocery shopping, and rest. It's a cold week ahead. What are we going to do? We'll make some of the things we didn't get to last week. We'll treat ourselves to brunch out today, shop for groceries today, eat leftovers today.
The menu was planned in the breezeway of Blue's Egg on my phone while we waited for our table. This is the plan:
- Sweet and tangy oven-barbecued chicken (published May 1, 2004) and Brussels sprouts with garlic and farrow (published November 1, 1995).
- Pan-seared inexpensive steak (published September 1, 2005) and rice pilaf with vermicelli (published March 1, 2000),
- Cornish hens with a fruit salad
- Vegetable beef stew and fresh-baked bread
- Parmesan-crusted chicken cutlets (published March 1, 2007) and cheesy risotto
We didn't cook, we barely cleaned, we watched TV, played video games, and watched the Pro Bowl.